Are you craving a warm, comforting bowl of soup packed with flavor and nutrition? I am sure my best Indian chicken soup recipe is a warming, satisfying dish bursting with flavors and nutrition.
You will enjoy the combination of aromatic spices, tender chicken, and nutritious vegetables. Here are my step-by-step instructions for making this delicious dish. Enjoy this recipe if you’re under the weather or want a healthy meal.
Specialty of My Indian Chicken Soup Recipe
You’ll enjoy my Indian Chicken Soup recipe to soothe your soul and satiate your taste buds. The secret to its deliciousness lies in the rich and flavorful chicken broth instant of water. I have added a way to make simple chicken broth for soups below. Its rich, deep flavor comes from simmering chicken bones with spices and lime juice.
To enhance the nutritional value and add a burst of color, I also include a medley of vegetables such as carrots, Tomatoes, and celery. Besides adding vibrant hues to the soup, these vegetables provide vitamins, minerals, and a refreshing crunch. This Indian Chicken Soup combines warmth, nourishment, and culinary delight in every spoonful.
Is Indian Style Chicken Soup Good for Health?
A bowl of soup is good for your health because it allows you to eat more vegetables. And a delicious bowl of chicken soup will keep you warm. If you add some spice or your favorite ingredients, it can make your day.
Powers Your Bones
In animal bones, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and other trace minerals are essential to building and strengthening your bones. Most of these minerals are found in chicken broth, and they will help prevent arthritis.
Good for Weight Loss
You can easily remove the excess fat in chicken soup by chilling it and skimming it off after cooking. After eating it, you feel full as well. As a result, you will consume a good amount of nutrients and avoid binging on fatty foods.
Controls Blood Pressure
According to studies, chicken limbs, especially their proteins, help reduce blood pressure. You can include chicken soup in your diet if you suffer from this condition, but be aware that too much salt might reduce its benefits.
Works Your Muscles
For muscle building, chicken is a great source of protein and amino acids. So, chicken soup can be a great addition to your daily diet.
Strengthen Your Immune System
Chicken soup also contains onions, garlic, and additional vegetables. They provide essential nutrients for a healthy immune system and add flavor.
Main Ingredients of Healthy Indian Chicken Soup
Here is the list of main ingredients for a healthy Indian chicken soup:
1. Chicken: I prefer skinless and boneless chicken thighs. But chicken wings work well as an alternative.
2. Spices: Regarding spices, I like to use whole garam masala, turmeric powder, chili powder, black paper coriander, and salt.
3. Other Ingredients: Besides these spices, I also use curry leaves, onions, ginger, garlic, oil, and lime juice.
How to Make Chicken Soup Indian Style
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces after cleaning it. Mix turmeric powder with a pinch of salt in the chicken and set it aside.
- After cooling, dry roast garam masala and black pepper in a pan and grind to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- On a stovetop, heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Stir in the chopped onion and curry leaves.
- When the raw smell is gone, add the ginger and garlic paste. Cook it until it is creamy.
- Stir in the marinated chicken and mix well until it changes color. Add the ground powder, red chilly powder, salt, and mix well.
- Then add around 4 ½ cups of water and some chopped coriander leaves. Cover and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on medium heat.
- Now you can serve it.
Expert Tips to Get Better Results
- For Chicken Soup, choose bony pieces.
- Add more salt, freshly ground pepper, and coriander leaves just before serving to give the soup a fresh touch. It also provides the soup with a delicious taste. If you have a cold, freshly ground black pepper corn and cumin seeds will heal it. The pepper is working if you sneeze after eating a spoonful of the soup.
- If the sourness is not intense enough, squeeze 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix the soup gently before spooning as the ground pepper and cumin settle at the bottom of the bowl.
How to Make Chicken Broth (Bonus)
It is simple and delicious to make chicken broth for soups.
- Chicken with bones cut into pieces – 500 gms
- Water – 4 cups
- Peppercorns – 6
- salt to taste
- lemon juice 3 – 4 tablespoons
- To Make Chicken broth, take the thick bottom pan.
- Add water with salt and lemon juice.
- Bring it to a boil, and then add the chicken pieces. Cook it until the chicken is very tender and covered.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces now. Throw away the chicken bones.
- For later use, keep the shredded chicken and chicken stock separate.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
You can enjoy chicken soup by itself. Commonly, chicken soup is served with garlic bread, bread rolls, and breadsticks. You can serve Chicken soup as an appetizer in a grand lunch or dinner menu.
I usually add the leftover chicken soup to the chicken gravy; refrigerate it and use it within a couple of days if you want to store it for later consumption. You can heat it in the microwave or a pan.
Variations of Indian Chicken Soup
There are some variations in chicken soup.
Shredded chicken soup. It is necessary to pressure cook chicken with boneless and a meaty portion for five whistles. Save the chicken stock for serving. Shred the chicken into flakes after removing the bones. Temper onions, garlic, peppercorns, and chicken stock before adding shredded chicken. Enjoy chicken soup with shredded chicken after simmering for 5 minutes.
Chicken Soup With Vegetables
In the recipe, skip the coriander leaves grinding and add roughly chopped carrots, cabbage, and spinach while adding water. Using a pressure cooker, cook chicken soup with vegetables for five whistles and serve hot.
Pan Cook Chicken Soup
You can make chicken soup by simmering it in a suitable pan for 30-40 minutes in low-medium heat instead of pressure cooking. For this method, add 1 cup more water to well-cooked chicken.
Chicken Soup With Noodles or Pasta
Make tasty Kid’s favorite Chicken soup by adding noodles or pasta and sauteing for 5-7 minutes.
- Chicken - 500 Grams of Chicken Thighs With Bone
- Onion - 1 Medium Size
- Vegetables - 1 ½ Cup as You Like ( Carrot, Tomato, Beans)
- Garlic - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger -1 ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chilly Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves -2 Leaves
- Salt - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Water or Chicken Broth - 4 ½ Cups
- Gorom Masala (Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds)- 1 Teaspoon
- Black Paper - 1 Teaspoon
- Lime Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Stir the ginger and garlic in oil for one minute in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Fry the onions until they become transparent.
- Saute the chopped vegetables (carrots, french beans, cabbage, celery) on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Cook the vegetables and chicken until it is tender.
- The Indian chicken soup is ready when the shredded chicken is added and cooked for another 7 - 8 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves as a garnish. Make this Easy Indian Style Chicken Soup and serve it hot.
How to Add Flavour to Homemade Chicken Soup?
The best spices for chicken soup are paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. The salty flavor of chicken pairs well with herbs like bay leaf, thyme, parsley, and coriander. Alternatively, you can use marjoram, oregano, or rosemary.
Why Do You Put Lemon Juice in Chicken Soup?
Lemon juice adds brightness to chicken soup, balancing rich, savory flavors. To enhance the flavor, add lemon juice at the end of cooking.
How to Add Flavour to a Can of Chicken Broth?
Woody herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, tarragon, and marjoram release flavor when simmered in stock. Rinse them and add several sprigs to each quart of stock.
Here’s a tasty and healthy recipe for Indian chicken soup that you must try! This comforting dish is not only packed with flavor but also loaded with nutrition. The aromatic spices, tender chicken, and nutritious vegetables make it a perfect choice for a satisfying meal.